I will be posting other projects from the convention throughout the next few weeks so stay tuned to see all the fun stuff!
Now on to this week's tutorial. I am still working with the Madeline collection from Prima, but this week I am also working with my Circle Border punch from Fiskars....the one I just HAD to have a few summers ago. :D
To make today's card you will need the following:
2 sheets of coordinating patterned paper
2 sheets of coordinating card stock
Circle die or die cutting machine
Circle border punch
Decorative label punch
You can watch the video here, or you can follow the directions below.
1. Trim card base to 5x10 and fold in half. creating a 5x5 inch square card.
2. Trim patterned paper to a 4 7/8" square.
3. Trim a double point banner tip into the end and attach to the patterned paper square.
4. Adhere the patterned square and ribbon to the card base. Secure the ribbon to the front of the card with a strip of tacky tape.
5. Die cut the coordinating card stock into a circle (4" or slightly smaller)
6. Cut a 4" circle out of the second piece of patterned paper and punch using the circle border punch and tape to the top of the card stock circle.
7. Using cardstock scraps in the same color as your card base, stamp your sentiment of choice and cut punch out using the decorative label punch.
8. Cut another strip of cardstock 3/4" x 2 1/2" and trim the tips in a banner shape and attach to the back of the label punch, leaving tails hanging off either side.
9. Attach the label and strip to the center of your circles.
10. Use Foam Adhesive to attach the circles to the center of the front of your card.
That's it! You just created a beautiful card perfect for any occassion.
I can't wait to see what you guys make! And remember, if there is something you'd like to see or something you want to learn more about, hit me up - I'm always glad to do what I can to help!
Happy Crafting and I'll see you next week!